Interested in operating Unmanned Aircraft (UA) for recreational or education purposes? Look no further, this course is for you!
Approved by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS), this course is mandatory for individuals keen in operating UA between 1.5 to 7 kilograms and equips you with knowledge required to operate your UA safely and responsibly.
Upon successful completion, UABT E-Certificate would be issued. The UABT E-Certificate is a required document when operating UA, it also acts as proof of evidence that the certificate holder has passed the UA Basic Training course. You will be required to present this certificate when requested by the authorities.
CAAS UA Regulatory Requirement
- With effect from 1 February 2021, users operating UA with a total weight of 1.5 to 7 kilogrammes for recreational or educational purpose are required to complete a one-time UABT course, conducted by organisations approved by CAAS.
- Users who fail to comply with the UABT requirements could face a fine of up to $50,000, or imprisonment not exceeding two years, or both for the first offence and up to $100,000 fine, or imprisonment not exceeding five years, or both for subsequent offences.
- In addition, users who fail to produce a valid UABT certificate, UA Pilot Licence (UAPL), and activity or operator permit during the verification checks by CAAS enforcement officers could face a fine up to $20,000 for a first offence, and a fine of up to $40,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 15 months, or both for subsequent offences.
This course consists of 3 Modules: Air Law & Legislations, UAS General Knowledge, UAS Safety & Operations. By the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Understand CAAS Air Navigation Act (ANA), Air Navigation Requirements (ANR)-101 and other associated advisory circulars related to UA operations.
- Understand basic aeronautical and technical knowledge of various UA components and systems.
- Operate UA safely by adopting the required safety procedures and understanding how human performance affects safe operations of UA.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who operate UA with a total weight of 1.5 to 7 kilogrammes, for recreational or educational purpose.
Applicants must be at least 16 years old and be able to understand English.
Participants must complete an online quiz comprising a total of 20 multiple choice questions to demonstrate the attainment of knowledge.
UABT E-Certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course